Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home already?

Well, that's it I guess. My summer in Colombia is over. Samuel and I arrived Wednesday with bitter sweet feelings. I was so sorry to have to say good bye. "Despedidas", or farewells have always been hard for me, but this time it was like leaving my heart behind. Now on to trying to find contentment here in the US. God has been so good this summer, faithful to teach us and train us. My only prayer is that I might be able to use what I learned through the rest of my life.

So now what? Well I will be starting my Senior year in Highschool, and hopefully getting a part time job. I hope to continue working with a ministry that my church puts on called Friday Nighters. This is a ministry where we go down town every friday night and have a school gym open for kids from the neighborhood. There we play games with them, have a short worship time, a teaching time, and a one-on-one small groups after each lesson. I am also praying about teaching a Sunday school class, but that isn't decided yet. Samuel will be starting his Senior year at Emmaus Bridal *cough* I mean Bible =P College and is living at home this year so I get to be a wonderful little sister and pester him a lot. Just kidding.

But all in all, I am really sad to have left Colombia. There is the possibility that I will go back next year, but we'll have to see where God leads me. Right now He has me in Dubuque and I have to accept that and make the most of it. Ok, so no, it's not a horrible place. But it has no mountains, and not too many Colombians =P. It's also missing good Colombian cooking and the wonderful spring weather year round.

And, as far as I go, that's a wrap on my journey through Colombia.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I could tell they were present anytime from the journey there, when I was with a family that I didn't know too well, to when we were with kids, to when I got sick, even down to the times I really wasn't working but I was sure learning a lot. All that to say that your prayers were appreciated and evident this summer.
Thanks again,
God bless,
Christina

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it has been a positive experience for you, and that your heart has strong feelings for Colombia. I will continue to pray for the adjustments back to life in the USA, and the contentment you desire. And I am also really glad you get this last year to be with Samuel...as any little sister knows, these older brothers really need little sisters in their lives! Thanks for your updates, they have been such an encouragement to read! Karen

    ReplyDelete