Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Here, There, and Everywhere

Hi all,
So sorry I haven't posted at all for like the past 2 weeks. After the Lopez family, I went to my old teacher's house and stayed there till Sunday the 17th. While I was at her house I basically worked at my old school and helped the librarian with everything she had to get done. She is switching jobs this summer and it looks like the head librarian isn't coming back, so she has a lot on her plate right now. Not too much exciting happened that week, not too many people were around either so it was really quiet and kinda lonely. They are, however, taring down the old school building to make a soccer field so I'll post pictures of that.
Well, after that week, I went to a friend's house to be discipled and hang out and help out with them. I had a really fun week. They have a son who was either working or helping out in some ministry so seeing him was rare.  But i really enjoyed the discipleship because we went through most of the Emmaus Course "The Call to Holiness" which goes hand in hand with "The Call to Follow Christ" (which is not an Emmaus course). It's fun to think about why we should be holy: God says "Be holy for I am holy."
Holiness means that we are separated from the world and the sins of the world. God can't be in the presence of sin, so in order to be in His presence, we need to be holy.
Well I haven't finished the course yet, but I'll let you know what I learn when I do.

But now, after a drastic switch in plans for me, (I thought I was supposed to go to a farm for kids, run by the teacher that i was staying with) I was taken back down to camp which I really don't mind. Actually I'm really glad that I'm here. So now I'm sanding and painting tables and benches with Samuel. Not what I would call "fun" but it actually is kind of enjoyable because you can think about something else, or listen to music or adventures in odyssey while doing it. Unfortunately I forgot to bring the orbital sander down so I have to do it by hand, but i'm pretty ok with that.
So now you are all caught up and so am I.
Thank you all for reading this post (assuming you actually got this far)
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Christina, It sounds like you have had a wonderful time in Colombia, and are learning lots! I hope you will continue to enjoy being Samuel's co-worker on the project at camp. It will be neat to see how many benches and tables you all get finished! Hope you stay healthy for the return trip home! Praying, Karen

    ReplyDelete