Monday, July 11, 2011

A week with the Lopez family

Hi all,
Last week as just what I needed after 3 camps in a row! It was relaxing yet I was able to work and help Erika (the mother and wife) with any and everything. I got to her house on Monday and stayed there till today when I moved in with the Byes.
Erika discipled me for the week. We went through the first three chapters in the book of Luke, learning how to mark your Bible, and what we can get out of each passage. In all three chapters the humility of Christ seemed to be emphasized. There's the obvious humility shown when he was born in a stable, but after that the angle announced His birth to SHEPHERDS - not scribes or priests. His mother was nothing special, and Joseph was simply a carpenter. The fact that John, a man who could have claimed to be Elijah or even the Christ, was humble enough to know his place and even lived in the wilderness! Jesus was then baptized by John, who was infinitely lower in position than him.
So what can I - we get out of this? If Christ was willing to go from infinite GLORY with His Father, to one of the lowest estates of the time, how much more should we be willing to scum for Him? My prayer for my life, was that God, at the end, would be able to say "Well done, my good and faithful servant." Now my prayer is that He would say "Well done my good, faithful and humble servant."
Keep me in your prayers,
Love
Christina
***Irony of the week: I asked God that He would make me a humble servant, so He brought me to my knees right in front of the white, porcelain throne. Yeah, that's right, I've been feeling sick for the past day. Pray that it would be nothing more than a little food poisoning or something. Thanks for following, Christina***

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week you have experienced! I have been praying about not getting sick from the water, but I didn't think about the food! You always come up with some thing more for me to think about :)! Sounds like you are enjoying your summer experience, I will keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are sick, Christina. Hope it is just passing. Once you stop getting sick, be sure to drink lots and go slow on adding foods (especially greasy or spicy) to your poor tummy! Tell the Byes that I saw 2 of my friends from Addison's church last night and they said Keegan was just there too. Also, today we are spending the morning with Karen "Miss Oviler" Sampson and her husband!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete